There are chances you can’t remove a printer if you have items in the print queue. If items are waiting to print when you try to remove a printer, Windows will wait until printing is complete, and then remove the printer. If you have permission to manage documents on the printer, you can also cancel all print jobs and then try to remove the printer again.Uninstall printers on Windows 7
As soon as you connect a printer to your Windows 7 computer, or install a print driver on your PC, it will be added to your list of installed printers, and made available in the Print dialog whenever you are about to print a document or picture. This can easily get in your way if you keep seeing a printer that has long been unplugged and used elsewhere. This is especially true if the printer that is no longer available was set as your default printer. In case you need to manually remove the printer software you don’t want as default, steps below can be taken to apply.
1. To delete and remove a select printer or print driver from your PC, just right-click on its icon, and choose “Remove device” from the context menu that opens.
2. To avoid accidental deletion of printers, Windows 7 will first display a confirmation message: click “No” to cancel and abort without deleting the selected printer, or click “Yes” to proceed and remove any reference to that printer from your PC.
3. Note that removing a printer or print driver requires “administrative privileges”. In other words, you either need to be currently logged in as an administrator, or be able to supply the administrator’s password when Windows 7 asks for it.
1. Open Printers by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers.
2. Right-click the printer that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
3. If you can’t delete the printer, right-click it again, click Run as administrator, and then click Delete. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Following these steps should completely remove a printer from your computer. In the vast majority of cases when you want it back at a later time, you can access your printers to remove one of them through the start menu. If you have no idea how this can be done, a Perfect Uninstaller will help you work out this matter.
After a right click to delete the “Devices and Printers” in control panel of Windows 7, your printers and print drivers showing within display list of Perfect Uninstaller. Thereafter, you can simply click them to uninstall. This can be done with a few clicks! Plus, Perfect Uninstaller has been considered as a good removal tool in uninstalling QuickTime.